Deco Foil, Therm O Web and Brutus Monroe Share

Hi my scrappy peeps!  Therm O Web has teamed up with Brutus Monroe and we are all sharing our projects over on the Therm O Web blog.  I made a couple of cards that I wanted to share here today.

Cards_DecoFoil_ThermOWeb_Brutus_Monroe_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-1

I made this card and totally did not take any step out photos!  I got so involved with coloring and trying not to mess up that I just forgot!

Cards_DecoFoil_ThermOWeb_Brutus_Monroe_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-5
Supplies: Cardstock-Gina K Designs; Watercolor Paper-Strathmore 400 Series: Adhesive-Therm O Web; Sequins-Unknown: Wooden Enamel Dots-My Mind's Eye; Foil-Deco Foil in Spring Green; Deco Foil Clear Designer Toner Sheet-Branching Out; Circle Dies-My Favorite Things and Lawn Fawn; Ink-VersaFine Onyx Black; Stamp-Brutus Monroe; Markers-Zig Clean Color Real Brush

Now, I am going to say coloring just hasn't been my thing, but I really have been trying at it (not really showing anything unless I have too!)  It stresses me out and just is not relaxing for me.  I had bought a few of the Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers back when they first came out and I ended up giving them to my bestie, Juliana Michaels, who can rock the coloring!  Then I decided I wanted to try again not long ago, so I ended up buying the entire set.  Honestly, I think it makes it easier for me to have every color, so I don't overthink how I am going to do something!

Cards_DecoFoil_ThermOWeb_Brutus_Monroe_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-6

AND I even wrote down the colors I used!  LOL  Here's the list:
  • 64  Oatmeal
  • 92  Blue Grey
  • 97  Pale Grey
  • 70  Orange
  • 36  Light Blue
  • 31 Cobalt Blue
  • 68 Deep Brown
  • 45 Pale Green
The thing I found is that I need to use a paint brush with them and a little water.  It makes it easier for this "herculetta" to work with!  I tend to press hard when I write, color, etc and a very small paint brush makes it easier for me!

And here is my other card.  You can find full step outs over on the Therm O Web blog HERE.  I used Catherine Pooler inks for the background and stamping.  I think I love them!!  

Cards_DecoFoil_ThermOWeb_Brutus_Monroe_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-2
Supplies: Cardstock-Gina K Designs; Adhesive-Therm O Web; Deco Foil-Shatter Glass Silver; Deco Foil Transfer Gel; Doily-Unknown; Dies-Lawn Fawn: Stamps-Brutus Monroe; Sequins-Unknown; Twine-American Crafts; Ink-Verasfine Onyx Black and Catherine Pooler in Orange Twist, Aquatini; and Party Dress

I used the Brutus Monroe stencil with the Deco Foil transfer gel to create the silver dotted background.  I have to say, the transfer gel is one of my favorite ways to use Deco Foil!

Cards_DecoFoil_ThermOWeb_Brutus_Monroe_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-3

That's all I have for you today.  Be sure to head over to the Therm O Web blog, there may be a giveaway, I am not sure!!!  Have a scrappy kind of day!  


No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!