BOO-Witch's Kettle-Maya Road and Crate Paper

This project I had so much fun making.  I swear, every time I use my Maya Road goodies, they make me think outside the box!  I had a post up on Monday over on their blog and you can find that posting HERE.   You want to check it out, because I basically talked thru the project step by step and there are links for all the Maya Road goodies that I used!

I was trying to figure out my next Maya Road project and decided it needed to be something Halloween! I found this cute little witch's black kettle at Michael's and knew it would be fun to alter! I didn't realize how fun though!

Boo_Kettle_Altered_Project_Maya_Road_Crate_Paper_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-1
Supplies: Paper, Embellishments-Crate Paper; Embellishments, Trim-Maya Road; Sequins-We R Memory Keepers; Enamel Dots-Freckled Fawn; Glitter-Martha Stewart, Multi Medium Gel Gloss; Adhesive-ThermOWeb

How adorable is that spider?!  I know, Halloween spiders are usually black.  There was so much black going on already, that I thought gold was fun! I almost made him purple! There are details on how I made him over on the Maya blog!
Boo_Kettle_Altered_Project_Maya_Road_Crate_Paper_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-4

Oh, and detail for the ghostie too!  I love how he is peeking out over the boiling potion!
Boo_Kettle_Altered_Project_Maya_Road_Crate_Paper_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-2

And I had to do a fun cluster! I had trouble getting it the way I wanted, but I like how it turned out.
Boo_Kettle_Altered_Project_Maya_Road_Crate_Paper_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-5

I have a love/hate relationship with pattern paper and chipboard!  I love the way it looks, but I have to be in the mood to cover it and sand it!  I actually sanded this way more and left the white of the paper showing.  I thought it looked neat and made the piece a little brighter!
Boo_Kettle_Altered_Project_Maya_Road_Crate_Paper_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-3

How fun right?!  And easy.  If you follow some of the tips on the Maya Road blog HERE, it wouldn't take you long to recreate this at all!!  Happy Wednesday!

No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!