To Plant a Garden-The Rubber Cafe Guest Design

Today is my first posting as the guest designer for The Rubber Cafe. I will have a total of four projects thru out the month on their blog.  You can find their blog HERE and their kits HERE.  They have what is called the "Creative Cafe" kit that comes out every month and includes everything you need to make several cards, include a stamp set. There is an additional stamp set that coordinates, that is an add-on.

Let's get to my card!  I went pretty easy with this, since it has been awhile since I have stamped. Actually I take that back, I have stamped, I just haven't shown it!

Card 1_Rubber_Cafe_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-1 copy
Supplies: Creative Cafe Kit-The Rubber Cafe; Watercolor Pencils-Faber Castell; Ink-Versafine; Pen-Signo Uniball; Shimmer Pen-Wink of Stella; Adhesive-ThermOWeb

I was sent the Farm Fresh kit, which is the kit for August to use. It includes a 6x6 paper pad from Echo Park, several different cardstocks, trims and more.  I just added my ink, watercolor pencils and adhesive!  Details, tips and tricks are over on The Rubber Cafe blog about how to recreate this look. 

Card 1_Rubber_Cafe_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-2 copy

And the stamps are wonderful. They stamp beautifully on smooth cardstock, but also on watercolor paper. I played around a little before deciding on the direction I wanted my card to go, plus I wanted to play with the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers that I got! 

Card 1_Rubber_Cafe_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-3 copy

This card is definitely a departure from my usual style, but it's good to step out of the comfort zone at times!

I will be back tomorrow with a project for Maya Road that is on their blog today.  If you cannot wait, you can find the posting HERE.  Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!