Happy 4th of July with a GCD Layout

Happy 4th of July!!  This layout was up on the GCD Studios blog yesterday and it's the perfect layout to share here with you today. 

This is with the Special Delivery collection, which has a lot of red, white and blue.  You can read the journaling, but these pictures were from when we went and saw The Wall That Heals, which honors our veterans that served in Vietnam.  It's a traveling 1/2 sized replica of the actual wall in Washington D.C. If you get a chance to go see this, do!  I am so happy that I did. 

K_HuntRememberandHonor1000Signed

Supplies: Pattern Paper-GCD Studios (Special Delivery); Cardstock-WorldWin; Stickers-GCD Studios (Special Delivery); Letters-GCD Studios (black) & American Crafts (white w/black); Adhesive-Scotch ATG and Scrapbook Adhesives; Pen-Sharpie; Ruler-Tim Holtz

Silhouette Cameo with the following cut files:
Star Border
Design ID #11246

Star Backgrounds 4x6
Design ID #38451

Files by Juliana Michaels
Stars


I loved that I could include this little card that is in the collection.
K_HuntRememberandHonorMap1000Signed

Just a shot of the journaling.  I am going to tell a little secret on myself.  I messed up on the word emotional.  And since I was writing directly on my background, it just can't be "thrown" away and started over.  I just rewrote the word on a scrap piece of paper and then popped it up.  Then I decided to go ahead and do the name of the exhibit also, just to tie things together.

K_HuntRememberandHonorJournal1000Signed

And a shot of those stars at the top!  Juliana Michaels made a file and was kind enough to let me use it for this layout.  Here is the link for her blog to get the file!  P.S. It has more than stars!!

K_HuntRememberandHonorStars1000Signed

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a safe and fun 4th.   Please take time and thank a veteran for their service.  It will make their day and yours.






4 comments

  1. Love this layout!!! All the stars you used are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great layout love the colours and as Juliana says stars are fab

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Love the teal mixed in with the red, white & blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout Katrina, and the cut files are perfect with the Special Delivery collection!

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!